To get the full Keecker experience, we highly recommend mapping your home and reading the following principles and tips before starting your mapping.
- Keecker sees in front of him with a viewing angle of 45° wide and 70° high. Generally speaking, he maps what is in front of him at about 2 meters. It is not necessary to go very close to the walls. If the obstacle does not appear on the map, you should step back a little. We recommend that you place yourself behind your Keecker during mapping.
- Throughout the mapping process, please validate the appearance of walls and obstacles on the application.
- During the mapping process, you must have Keecker take the paths he normally takes and rotate him around on a regular basis, so that he can see everything around him.
- We also invite you to start with the farthest part of the charging station and plan Keecker's journey so that he can end up in the room where the charging station is located.
- You have to map room by room. Don't waste time mapping the parts you'll never use Keecker in. For small rooms, Keecker must be in the middle of the room and turned around in circles to ensure a full 360° map. For large rooms, it is necessary to be 1 or 2m from the walls.
- The mapping must be completed in one go. It is not possible to pause and finalize your map later.
- If the map is not satisfactory, you can delete it and create a new one. In the Keecker application, you can save several different maps (different floors of your house, different houses...). You can switch from one to the other in 1 click.
- From the map tab in the Keecker application, click on the small icon on the top right and choose "Create Map".
- Next, while mapping simply use the joystick to move your robot within your home. We recommend mapping your home room by room in one go. It currently isn't possible to partially map your home and complete it at a later time. You'll see your home's map populate on your screen while Keecker is mapping.
- Once you've completed mapping your rooms you'll be prompted to set up your Keecker's charging station. We recommend you plan out the order you would like to map your rooms in, in order to end in the room you'd like to set your charging station in. Move your Keecker in front of its charging station and save its location.
- You can then go ahead and add your favorite spots in your home. For example, if you have a preferred spot in your living room you like to project your movies on you can save it, and Keecker will remember to project exactly where you specified from that spot. You can also save your favorite spots to listen to music in, like your kitchen, for example.
- The floor must be clear (no cables, clothes, paper, etc.) and clean. The doors must be left open.
- Lighting must be sufficient but not distracting for Keecker's sensors.
- Some materials/elements can disturb the mapping: stainless steel, reflective materials, full foot mirror, step too high... If you have glass windows, close the curtains so that Keecker considers them as walls. If you have mirrors, you need to hide them temporarily.
- If Keecker can't get over certain obstacles, don't hesitate to push him slightly by hand.
- The charging station must be located in a flat, open area (radius of 50cm) and against a solid wall.
- Do not allow people to move in the rooms at the same time as you are mapping.
- When Keecker isn't moving, he isn't mapping. It only maps when it is in motion.
- Do not skate Keecker otherwise the distances on the map will be distorted. The robot uses the movement of its wheels to calculate its position, so they must not move independently of the ground.
- Sensors must be clean. They are located in the black part of Keecker. They should be cleaned with a dry cloth.
- If you make major changes to your interior (furniture layout...), don't hesitate to make a new map.